the best synty #1 remix – game dev assets
Mais uma campanha por parte da malta da Humble Bundle, desta vez vários ficheiros de recursos para ajudar no desenvolvimento de videojogos:
“Prepare to embark on a game development journey like no other with this bundle from Synty Studios, a leading asset publisher creating 3D low poly art game development assets for Unity and Unreal. Synty creates asset packs that share cohesive art styles, allowing you to mix and match modular 3D models to create the game of your dreams. Their packs also come compete with demo scenes to help get you started. Whether you’re a beginner or seasoned developer, this bundle can help elevate your projects and bring your game to life.”
da lista consta:
647 Horrifying Asset – Modular Mansion Set
Hundreds of Futuristic City Assets and Characters
Modular Viking Village Set – Characters Included
Wiki Wild Wild Western Themed Asset Pack
The Last Samurai Pack You’ll Need! – 245 Assets
Play Cops and Robbers – 251 Bank Robbery Assets
Mobile-Ready Characters and Animations
793 Assets for Zombie Apocalypse Survival Games
Dungeon Props and Pre-Built Rooms and Levels
$10 Off any Synty Assets on Synty Store
Knights, Swords, Castles and More! 204 Assets
Low Poly Buildings, Cars, Characters and more!
Build Out Your Base with Weapons, Props & More
Mobile-Ready Assets – Demo scene Included
3D Low Poly Assets for Adventure Games
Greybox & Build Out Your Demo Scene
Mobile-Ready Town – Demo Scene Included
Premium Loot Box – Fantasy POLYGON Chest
Mais uma campanha por parte da malta da Humble Bundle, desta vez vários ficheiros de áudio para usar onde for necessário:
“Get all the audio you’ll ever need for your games, films, and other creative projects with this jam-packed bundle of royalty-free music and sound FX! Regardless of the vibe you’re trying to weave, you’ll be covered when it comes to music, with dedicated packs that span themes and genres—from fantasy, horror, and sci-fi, to ambient, classical, and chiptunes. Get ready to paint soundscapes with sound FX including creature sounds, combat clanks, futuristic beeps and chirps, and much more.”
da lista consta:
Unplugged Music Pack
Horror Music Pack
Ambient Music Pack Vol 2
Chiptune Music Pack Vol 2
Fantasy Music Pack Vol 2
Ambient Music Pack Vol 3
Metal Music Pack Vol 2
Unplugged Music Pack Vol 2
Electronic Music Pack Vol 3
Horror Music Pack Vol 2
Hollywood Action Sound FX Pack
Horror & Suspense Sound FX Pack
Motion & Impacts Sound FX Pack
Retro Gaming Sound FX Pack
Monsters & Creatures Sound FX Pack
Computers & Machinery Sound FX Pack
Godot Audio Plugin
Metal Music Pack
Fantasy Music Pack
Chiptune Music Pack
Electronic Music Pack Vol 2
Hip Hop Music Pack
Medieval Fantasy Sound FX Pack
Jingles Sound FX Pack
Unity Audio Plugin
Unreal Audio Plugin
Orchestral Rock Music Pack
Ambient Music Pack
Electronic Music Pack
Classical Music Pack
Japanese Music Pack
Science Fiction Sound FX Pack
UI & Menus Sound FX Pack
Existem no mercado alguns motores de videojogos que facilitam muito a quem quer começar, nomeadamente no género de RPG ou similares. Neste caso e para arquivo, pois não é o meu género de videojogos, fica a referência a dois motores:
Ren’Py (gratuito) – https://www.renpy.org/
RPG Maker paper (gratuito) – https://rpg-paper-maker.com/
RPG maker (trial/pago) – https://www.rpgmakerweb.com/
É normal as empresas não quererem ficar dependentes de outras empresas através da aquisição ou uso de software de terceiros. É o caso deste game engine Defold que tem como empresa impulsionadora a Melsoft.
Apesar dessa situação eles libertaram o software e é open source.. a experimentar um dia destes.
Zenva the Complete Godot Software Bundle Encore
Mais uma campanha por parte da malta da Humble Bundle, desta vez vários cursos para o Godot:
“Master Godot—the lightweight, fast, and free game engine behind hits like Sonic Colors: Ultimate. Whether you want to use the brand new version 4 or the battle-tested version 3, these courses will get you building platformers, RPGs, first-person shooters, city-builders, strategy games, and more—no prior experience required!”
da lista consta:
Godot 3 Game Development for Beginners
Godot 4 Mini-Projects
Create a 2D Platformer with Godot 4
Develop a 3D Platformer with Godot 4
Build a Micro Turn-Based RPG with Godot 4
Real-Time Strategy Game with Godot 4
Intro to Game Design
Level Design for Beginners
Intro to Rigging Models in Blender
Intro to 3D Modeling with Blender
Intro to Pixel Art with Photoshop
Build a First-Person Shooter with Godot 3
Construct a Strategy Game with Godot 3
Create a 2D RPG with Godot 3
Develop a 3D Action RPG with Godot 3
Explore Micro-Survival Games with Godot 4
Create AI NPCs with Godot 4 and ChatGPT
UI/UX for Game Design
Intro to the Game Development Industry
Intro to Godot 4 Game Development
Learn Unity Game development Bundle 2023
Mais uma campanha por parte da malta da Humble Bundle, desta vez vários cursos para o Unity:
“Learn to create games with Unity with these online courses from GameDev.tv—including multiple courses being made available for the first time exclusively through Humble Bundle! This comprehensive curriculum covers core skills and advanced concepts for the powerful and popular development platform, and includes assets to help create your game projects. Find out how to make a 2D RPG combat system, VR experience, or turn-based strategy game. Get trained up on visual scripting, multiplayer, network coding, and more.”
da lista consta:
Unity Multiplayer Coding & Networking NGO
Unity 2D RPG: Complete Combat System Course
Unity VR/XR Developer Course
Unity Turn Based Strategy Course
Complete C# Unity Game Developer 2D Course
Unity Arcane Accessories 3D Asset Pack
Unity Dungeon Expedition Essentials 3D Asset Pack
Unity Visual Scripting Course
Unity Game Feel Course
Programming Design Patterns For Unity Course
Unity 3D Dungeon Tileset & Asset Pack
Game Dev Royalty Free Mega Bundle Music Bundle
Mais uma campanha por parte da malta da Humble Bundle, desta vez vários ficheiros de audio:
“Craft the soundtrack to your quests, the beats to your battles, and the perfect audio backdrop for your game world with this epic bundle of royalty-free music! This massive bundle features 50 music packs suited for a wide variety of game genres and styles, whether you’re creating an epic fantasy RPG, high-seas pirate adventure, hi-octane action game, or dark horror tale.”
da lista consta:
Beyond The Horizon (epic pirate and adventure music pack)
Cyber Vampire Killer (ambient action music pack)
Freakshow (dark music pack)
Lunacy (dark music pack)
Midnight Worship( horror music pack)
Pandemic (investigation and action music pack)
Paranormal Evening (horror music pack)
Shadows Guild Part 2 (epic and adventure music pack)
Spectre (horror music)
Starfield (space music pack)
The Arkives Chronicles 1 (dark ambient music pack)
Slaughter At The Lake (retro horror music pack)
Forgotten Realms (epic and adventure music pack)
Ethereal Chronicles – RPG Music Collection
Expedition Echoes RPG Music Collection
Galactic Odyssey – Sci-Fi Music Collection
Malevolent Orchestra – Action-RPG Music Collection
Glorious Venture – RPG Piano Music Collection
Brawler Combat Music Collection
RPG Music Bundle: Volume 2
Ultimate Ambient Music Bundle: Vol. 1
Ultimate Ambient Music Bundle: Vol. 2
Shadows Guild Part 3 (epic and adventure music pack)
The 29th Planet (heavy metal music pack)
Slasher (horror music pack)
Witchcraft (horror music pack)
Pixel (retro game music pack)
Dark Skies And Other Disasters (epic action music pack)
Underworld (adventure and epic music pack)
Epic Boss Battles Music Collection
Epic Boss Battles Music Collection 2
Epic Dungeons Mega Music Collection
Epic Dungeons Mega Music Collection 2
Doomed – Heavy Metal Music Collection
Heraldry – Medieval Combat Music Collection
Shooter Background Music Collection
Adventure Game Music Collection
Action RPG Combat Music Collection
Black Sails (epic pirate and adventure music pack)
Shadows Guild (epic and adventure music pack)
The Witching Hour (horror music pack)
Superheroes (epic action music pack)
Jotun (horror music pack)
Ambient Video Game Music – Sailing Ship in a Storm
Ambient Video Game Music – Sailing Ship in a Storm 2
Ambient Video Game Music – Zombie Apocalypse
Ambient Video Game Music – Zombie Apocalypse 2
Ambient Video Game Music – Hellscape
Ambient Video Game Music – Hellscape 2
Horror Game Music Collection
Fantasy and Sci Fi essentials for Unity
Mais uma campanha por parte da malta da Humble Bundle, desta vez vários ficheiros assets Sci Fi para motor da Unreal:
“Propel your Unity game project to new heights of visual fidelity with this massive sci-fi and fantasy asset bundle, crafted by some of the dev scene’s most esteemed content creation studios! You’ll get all the building blocks needed to craft impressive and immersive game worlds, including a vast catalog of sci-fi and fantasy creatures, high-end animation sets for all manner of entities monstrous to mundane, stunning environment packs, and much more.”
da lista consta:
Monsters Full Pack vol 1
Ultimate Animation Collection
Animals Full Pack
Forest environment-Dynamic nature
Monster Sound FX pack 2
Village Interior Kit
Wizard Spells pack
Monster Bundle #8
Weapon and armor pack v 1
Fire & Smoke VFX
Complete Sci FI Gui
Horse Animset Pro
SCi Fi Weapons SFX vol 1
Path Painter 2
Sci Fi Characters Mega Pack vol 1
Castle Valley Desert Environment
4K full fantasy GUI
HQ realistic explosions
Melee Weapons SFX
Village Exterior Kit
Heroic Fantasy Creatures Full Pack vol 1
Landscapes Ground Pack
Landscape Grounds Pack Vol 2
Catacombs Crypts Interior Kit
Humble Software Bundle: WW2 military assets for Unreal
Mais uma campanha por parte da malta da Humble Bundle, desta vez vários ficheiros assets relacionados com a Segunda Grande Guerra, e para o motor da Unreal:
“Introduce a level of jaw-dropping authenticity to your Unreal Engine game project with this bundle of World War II–themed assets! Included in this package are game-ready models and blueprints for an assortment of weapons and vehicles, a variety of photorealistic environment packages, and more. You’ll get access to 18 jam-packed asset collections that you can implement immediately into your project.”
da lista consta:
Abandoned Russian Buildings
Outpost and Bunker Environment
1940s Abandoned Modular Office
FPS Weapon – Myer1919
FPS Weapon – Ster-550
FPS Weapon – Web-44
FPS Weapon – Bren LMG
FPS Weapon – MAS-44
IS2 – WW2 Tank – Advanced Blueprint Controller
Tiger 2 – WW2 Tank – Advanced Blueprint Controller
M1A1 – WW2 Submachine Gun
FPS Weapon – Mosin Nagant M1891 – WW2 Sniper Rifle
M100 – Military Trailer
Panzer IV – WW2 Tank – Advanced Blueprint Controller
FPS Weapon – Owen Machine Gun
M8A1 – Military Trailer
Sherman M4A2 – WW2 Tank – Advanced Blueprint Controller
Humble Software Bundle: Spectacular Sounds & Marvelous Music
Mais uma campanha por parte da malta da Humble Bundle, desta vez vários ficheiros de áudio para usar onde se quiser:
“Looking to add some pro-level audio to your game, app, or video project? This bundle of expertly crafted audio assets has the sound effects, voices, ambient sounds, and background music you’ll need to bring a layer of aural polish to your creation. You’ll get the hum and whizz of arcane energy, the crisp flutter of a stack of bills, and weapons fire and melee clanks galore. Get 10,000+ SFX files and 20+ hours of music to cover every genre—even background tracks for your UI.”
da lista consta:
999 Sounds SFX Collection 1
Arcane Activations Magic Sound Library
Retro Game – Platform & Puzzle
Retro Game – Weapons & Fighting
Athletics & Sports SFX Library
Colossal Game Music Collection
Board Games Audio Toolkit
Activation UI HUD SFX
Exoplanets – Drones & Atmospheres
Hunter – Military Soldier Voice Pack
Alex – Hero Character Voice Pack
Ultimate Anime Combat Sounds Pack
Medieval Fantasy 2 SFX Pack
Medieval Fantasy 2 Ambience Pack
Epic Asian SFX Pack
Epic Asian Ambience Pack
Weather Sound Effects
Physics Object Interaction SFX
Real Guns Sound Pack
Horror Game Ambient Soundscapes Vol 3
Paranormal Ambient Soundscapes Vol 2
Futuristic Vehicle Engine Sounds
The Mint – Coins & Money
Dystopia Ambience & Drone
Videogame Music Collection
Casual App Positive Male Voice Announcer
Casual App Positive Female Voice Announcer
Combat Game Male Voice Announcer
Sci Fi Guns Sounds Pack
Retro RPG Sounds Bundle
Magic Spells Sound Pack
Magic Heal & Buffs Sounds Pack
Halloween SFX Pack
Puzzle SFX Pack
Card Sound Effects
Survival Sound Effects
Casino Slot Machine SFX
Kitchen Sound Effects
Epic Voice and Music Pack
Cute Fluffly Char Voice
Classic Workshop Tool Industry SFX
300 Futuristic SFX
33 Cool Background Music
200 Space Sound Effects
1000 Video Game Sound Effects
Eating & Drinking Sound Effects
Neste final de ano estão a decorrer várias campanhas no site Humble relacionadas com o desenvolvimento de videojogos. Neste momento:
The no-code GameDev Bundle
Unreal Engine Ultimate Game Dev Assets
Unity Art Bundle Holiday Encore
Unity Tools Bundle Holiday Encore
Unreal Nature & Fantasy Assets
A primeira está relacionada com o uso da plataforma GDevelop “The no-code GameDev Bundle” e da qual consta:
“Want to develop games without having to learn a programming language? Tap into the power of GDevelop, the no-code, open-source, free, and easy game-making app! This bundle features everything you need to get creating fast, including 30 asset packs with over 5000 visual, music, sound, and UI elements, plus sample games to play and provide inspiration. You can also upgrade to get up to 6 months of GDevelop Gold Premium access, unlocking even more app features. Jump into no-code game dev today, and support NPower with your purchase!”
e a lista :
3-Month GDevelop Silver
6-Month GDevelop Gold
Advanced Platformer Template
Air Hockey Game Template
Basic RPG Kit – Tiny Battle Edition
Black Rose 2 EP
Black Rose EP
Boat Game Template
Character Base: Short ‘N’ Stubby
Character Base: Thicc ‘N’ Juicy
Chrome Dinosaur Game Template
Foley & Footsteps
GUI Pack: Bars ‘N’ Boxes
GUI Pack: Finger Click ‘N’ Good
Hand-Drawn GUI Kit
Handheld Character Pack Top D
Handheld Town ‘N’ Around
I Know Now, That I will Never Be OK
Knife Hit Game Template
Platformer Starter Pack
Red String EP
Visual Novel Char. Creator
Visual Novel Megabundle
Wasteland Love Notes
A segunda tem como titulo “Unreal Engine Ultimate Game Dev Assets” e da qual consta:
“Build fantastic worlds in your games with this bundle from Sidearm Studios, curated for Unreal Engine developers! This collection features a wide range of art assets for a variety of genres, including medieval towns, Wild West cities, dark dungeons, and horrific space prisons. You’ll also get a library of visual effects for spells and explosions, along with icons for equipment and characters, to help bring your game to life.”
e a lista:
Cathedral Of The Dead
Fantasy Magic Forest
Fantasy Stylized Megapack/Open World
Hand Painted Armor & Equipment Icons
Hand Painted Character Avatar Icons – Fantasy
Hand Painted Weapon & Equipment Icons
Medieval Castle – Castle/Village Environment
Modular Dungeon – Depths Below
Modular Medieval Stylized Town
Modular Stylized Dungeon
Modular Stylized Medieval Castle
Modular Stylized Medieval Village
Modular Stylized Underwater World
Modular Town: Saint Michel
Niagara AOE Magic Abilities
Niagara Magic Projectiles
Stylized Forest Pack
Stylized Trees & Rocks
The Vault: Horror Space Prison
Wild West Sky City
+infos(a campanha): LINK
A segunda tem como titulo “Unity Art Bundle Holiday Encore” e da qual consta:
“Bring your game to life with this bundle of incredible art assets & artists’ tools—specifically curated for Unity creators! Featuring characters, environmental elements, SFX, music, animations, and prefabs, this library of thousands of assets and creative utilities will help you realize game worlds for a wide range of genres.
Build a low-poly 3D dungeon, or craft a lush natural world with an anime-inspired look. Discover loops and tracks to score your horror game, and add the sounds of battle to your fantasy epic. Get menageries of creatures, a fantasy realm’s worth of level-building blocks, and lots more, and help support Gameheads with your purchase!”
e a lista:
Boing Kit: Dynamic Bouncy Bones, Grass, and More
Brute Force – Snow & Ice Shader
Character Creator 2D
Footsteps Sound Pack
Little Dragons: Tiger
Meadow Environment – Dynamic Nature
Monster Sounds Pack
Monsters Ultimate Pack 02 Cute Series
Party Monster Rumble PBR
POLYGON Dungeons – Low Poly 3D Art by Synty
Quibli: Anime Shaders and Tools
Quirky Series – Animals Mega Pack Vol.1
Quirky Series – Animals Mega Pack Vol.2
RPG VFX Bundle
Seamless Texture Generator
Toon Fantasy Nature
Total Music Collection
Ultimate Sound FX Bundle
+infos(a campanha): LINK
A segunda tem como titulo “Unity Tools Bundle Holiday Encore” e da qual consta:
“Back for a Holiday Encore! Build the game you’re envisioning with this massive bundle of versatile tools for Unity, the world’s leading platform for real-time content creation! Featuring more than two dozen utilities, systems, and other assets built with game creators in mind, this bundle will help you:
Design levels faster and build 2D and 3D worlds more efficiently
Manage animation and motion more easily
Create effects ranging from lighting to weather-filled skies
Add systems for dialogue, destruction, and more And many more…
Whether you’re dreaming of building a role-playing game, top-down shooter, or sci-fi mech sim, this bundle will help you turn your vision into a reality”
e a lista:
Blocks Engine 2
Broccoli Tree Creator
DestroyIt – Destruction System
Dialogue System for Unity
FluXY – 2.5D fluid simulator
Magic Light Probes
Mech Combat Kit
Prefab World Builder
Procedural Circular Health Bar Pro
RPG Cameras & Controllers
Script Inspector 3
Smart Lighting 2D
Train Controller (Railroad System) ULTIMATE COLLECTION
True Shadow – UI Soft Shadow and Glow
UniStorm – Volumetric Clouds, Sky, Modular Weather, and Cloud Shadows
+infos(a campanha): LINK
A segunda tem como titulo “Unreal nature & Fantasy Assets” e da qual consta:
“Looking for a library of art assets to build your game world in Unreal Engine? Create mountains, meadows, and forests, and populate them with dragons, goblins, rock monsters, and more with this game creator’s bundle!
This collection features high-quality, realistic environment sets for a variety of outdoor locales, including meshes, blueprints, and materials from the artists and developers at Nature Manufacture. You’ll also get a variety of fully animated, high-fidelity, customizable fantasy creatures from Infinity PBR. Get the art you need to start building in Unreal today”
e a lista:
Forest – Environment Set
Graveyard and Nature Set
Landscape Ground Pack
Meadow – Environment Set
Mountain – Environment Set
Park Photo Scanned Assets
Treant Monster Creature
Winter Ground Pack
+infos(a campanha): LINK
Um recurso interessante para conhecer as UI que são usadas noutros jogos, em diferentes géneros..
Encontrei mais uma aplicação para a construção de tiles para videojogos!
Encontrei esta ferramenta que permite desenhar no formato de “pixels”. É uma ferramenta de uso gratuito e que foi desenvolvida com a ajuda do software Godot.
Ainda não testei, mas parece ser uma ferramenta bastante simples de se usar, mas com todas as funcionalidades para quem pretende usar a estratégia de “pixéis” para gerar o grafismo/sprites 2D para um videojogo.
Não conhecia esta “framework” de nome Flutter (made by Google), parece interessante para o desenvolvimento de apps hibridas, mas também dá para jogos usando o Flame. Fica a referência para um pequeno workshop online acerca deste tema.
+infos(o video): https://youtu.be/0nl6CZJiFnY?t=4456
+infos(o autor): http://caraujo.me/
A malta da Synty Store disponibilizou mais um pack de batalha e desta vez com referência à primeira guerra mundial. Para se ter acesso a este pack é necessário já ter o pack de guerra e o custo final de tudo é de:
POLYGON – War Pack – 80 euros
POLYGON – War Map – WWI – 18 euros
Assim e pelo POLYGON – War Map – WWI:
POLYGON – War Pack
+infos(War Map – WWI): https://syntystore.com/products/polygon-war-map-wwi
+infos(War Pack): https://syntystore.com/products/polygon-war-pack
Tiny/weirdo game engines:
Game engines that let you make a full game, but often within a particular style, ethos, framework, or with other limitations. Generally quick to pick up and work with, made for accessibility.
- Flickgame – A truly tiny engine, link frames to other frames. Share online or export.
- GB Studio – A drag and drop gameboy interface that lets you do some scripting. Export to html or an actual gameboy rom!
- Bitsy – Bitsy is a simple sprite-based editor that lets you build rooms & worlds. Walk around and talk to people and be somewhere. Has a strong community.
- Borksy / Bitsy HD / bitsy hacks / bitsy mixer template – Hacks that extend the functionality of bitsy in various ways.
- Flicksy – A tool for drawing and assembling graphical hypertext games – lets you import drawings!
- Mosi – Similar to bitsy, but with more color & sound support, and more advanced scripting options.
- Bravitzlana – A tool for making small interactive scenes (3d! kind of) that you can share with people.
- PuzzleScript – An open source, HTML5 puzzle-game oriented editor.
- Dungeonscript – Puzzlescript, but first person
- RPG Paper Maker – An extremely cute jrpg-focused engine that lets you place flat sprites in a 3d world. (free, but $70 if you sell your game commercially)
- Flatgames / Flatpack – Flatgames are as much a concept as engine (2d, a raw combination of movement, art and sound), but Flatpack bundles those ideas up into a tool that you can import into Unity or run on Android.
- Tiny Game Maker – For small, one screen games without programming.
- Kooltool – An experimental game making tool which has Kidpix vibes.
- The Unfolding Game Engine – One to watch (in early access right now). A “paint a world” engine that lets you make your world while playing it. 2.5d.
- Multiverse – Not out yet – a storytelling and game making tools/game.
- Bitmelo – A game editor and engine for making small pixel art games. In early access, exports to HTML5.
- Sok Worlds ($3) – A truly wild game/tool where you make and explore 3d collage worlds (images from the pixabay API, but there are over a million to choose from.).
- Sok Stories ($3) – A drawing-based way to make and share games.
- Playscii – Also an ascii art and animation program, but the game mode documented here: http://vectorpoem.com/playscii/howto_game.html
- Wick Editor – Also an animation program- a friendly flash-like for multimedia projects that allows interaction and game-like play.
- Unicorn Console – A “a quick and dirty engine … with a resolution of 400×240 pixels.”
- Vipercard – An open source reimagining of 1987’s Hypercard.
- Twine – An open-source tool for telling interactive, nonlinear stories. Has a big community and multiple versions and themes.
- Choicescript – Like Twine, but for more traditional CYOA gamebooks-with-stats. Tight community on the forums.
- Tiny Choice – The tiniest of twine-likes, written in the browser.
- Inform – A design system for interactive fiction which has been around for a while!
- Ink – A narrative engine designed to slot into a game engine.
- StudyCrafter – A scratch-like platform where you can play, share, and create interactive projects, on the browser or offline, and collect data from players.
- Inklewriter – The “baby” Ink, runs in browser and great for CYOA, same UI as Sorcery!
- The Adliberum Engine – (Free but on Steam, early access) Make text adventures, muds and text-powered roleplaying games.
- Yarn Spinner – The friendly tool for writing game dialogue.
- Cheap Bots Done Quick – A site where you can make a twitterbot today.
Indie/open source bigger game engines:
Indie and open source game engines with more flexibility and power than the little engines above, and generally also another layer of complication. (Perhaps most useful for if you are concerned about free but closed-source engines like Unity.)
- Superpowers – HTML5 2d + 3d engine, coding in Typescript.
- HaxeFlixel – Cross-platform development, open source
- Godot – Perhaps the most complete and well documented open source engine, for 2d and 3d.
- Heaps – A free and open source cross platform graphics engine written in Haxe.
- DOME – A framework for making 2D games using the Wren programming language.
- luxe – In development: a 2d-focused engine, code in Wren.
- LITIENGINE – A free and open source Java 2D Game Engine.
- Starling – A Cross Platform Game Engine.
- LÖVR – An open source framework for rapidly building VR experiences in Lua.
- Ren’Py – Free, open source cross-platform Visual Novel development engine.
- Adventure Game Studio – Free engine for making point & click adventure games.
- Amulet – A free Lua-based audio/visual toolkit suitable for small games and experimentation, with online editor.
A fantasy console is like a regular console (machine specs, dev tools, community), but without hardware. It is like an emulator for a machine that never existed. Generally, these are in the form of an application.
- Pico8 ($15) – probably the most popular fantasy console for game dev, pico8 has harsh limitations but that are intentionally chosen. code is written in lua. export to standalone HTML+JS or PNG (fantasy cartridge, need pico8 to play)
- Tic-80 – coding in lua and moonscript. export to html or .tic.
- Pixel Vision 8 (free, pro version is $30) – a no-console fantasy computer, navigate like the familiar icon-based desktops you know.
- LIKO-12 – Entirely open-source and free, written in Lua. The dev says: “Why did I develop this? Because I wanted to buy PICO-8 but that’s not possible without credit cards (no internet shopping in Syria)”
- Pix64 – an extremely tiny fantasy console (64×64 px).
- Homegirl Pro – A fantasy console with a very different vibe! This one dispenses of pixel nostalgia and is modeled after a Commodore Amiga. Coding in Lua.
- VectorBoy – Again, a fantasy console that breaks the mold – VectorBoy uses straight lines to emulate vector graphics.
- VVpet – A fantasy console for LCD virtual pet games
- Voxatron – ($20, come with Pico-8) Fantasy Console for voxel (3d pixel, kind of?) games.
- LowRes NX – BASIC programming on iOS, as well as desktops.
- Pyxel – A retro game engine for Python
- Zany80 – A fantasy console designed around the Z80 processor.
- Riko4 – A Fantasy Console intended as a tool for pixel art game development.
- ECoS – A modern fantasy console with Entity-Component-System modular architecture.
- Nano JAMMER – A truly tiny console that runs in the browser and integrates into Google Drive. Code in the nano programming language.
- Rewtro – A wild little console that runs games encoded in a very small amount of data, meaning they can be printed as qr-codes.
Didn’t find what you were looking for? Just into fantasy consoles? More of them detailed here: https://github.com/paladin-t/fantasy
Neat Unity extenders:
Tools or plug-ins that change the experience of using Unity.
- Oikospiel-tools – Trigger-based tools for Unity for crafting games without programming.
- Unity Bitmap Drawing – A library for adding real-time drawing to your Unity project.
- Clayxels – Adds tiny voxels that seamlessly blend together like clay.
- unity-wave-function-collapse – Bitmap & tilemap generation from a single example.
- Tessera (5$)- 2d / 3d wave function collapse generation.
- Borderless Unity Windows – A tiny tool for making Unity frameless apps from script.
- First Person Drifter – The original drifting game controller. Download an updated package for Unity 2019 from me here.
- Unity Recorder – An editor-only tool that captures video and animation data during gameplay.
- Bobbin – A small Unity editor tool that can automatically download and import anything with a URL into the project.
- Meshedit ($35) – A Unity extension that lets you create and texture models from scratch.
- Doodlestudio 95 ($45) – A FUN drawing and animation tool for Unity.
- Raymarching Toolkit ($75) – A Unity add-on for editing raymarched scenes live.
- Path Creator – Path creation asset for Unity game development
- NaughtyAttributes – Create powerful inspectors without the need for custom editors.
- UCLA Game Lab Mesh Creator – Extrudes 2D drawings into 3D objects.
- Rhythm beat mapper ($45) – Synchronizes gameplay to music in your video game.
- JPEG-MP4-Compression – recreates the effect of JPEG/MP4 compression as a PostProcessing Effect.
Tools or plug-ins that change the experience of using Godot.
- WAT – An automated testing framework for Godot built entirely within Godot itself
Maps, place, & levels:
Tools for making maps & levels – some of them simply visual, others generate data.
- Tiled – The standard free, easy to use and flexible level editor.
- OGMO – A free, open source, project oriented level editor.
- Tilesetter – Tileset designing made easy.
- SPARTAN Procedural Tile Generator – A pixel art drawing and animation tool specialised in creating tiles and animated sprites for games.
- Medieval Fantasy Town Generator – Generates a random medieval city layout of a requested size & can export to JSON.
- City Viewer – The city viewer to see the above/other maps in 3d!
- One Page Dungeon – A very simple one page dungeon generator.
- Map Generator – A cellular automata tool for building custom maps, envisioned for use in tabletop roleplaying games.
- Paper Dungeon Maker – A very little map generator with optional csv output.
- RPG Map II – A tabletop oriented map editor with clean and simple design.
- Snazzy Maps – Nice map stylings for Google Maps.
- Google Earth Studio – Automate flying about the world.
- Topo Topo – Get a little square of 3d elevation data, anywhere.
- Nototo – Build and visualize all your notes, as a map
- terrain.party – nice interface for getting terrain heightmaps anywhere in the world
A ler: What is the best game engine for your game? e What is the best game engine: is Unity right for you?
Encontrei estes post do site gamesindustry.biz, cuja autora é Marie Dealessandri, e que apresenta uma discussão interessante acerca de software para o desenvolvimento de videojogos:
What is the best game engine for your game?
What is the best game engine: is Unity right for you?
+infos(link1): What is the best game engine for your game?
+infos(link2): What is the best game engine: is Unity right for you?
Fica o link para esta possibilidade..
Existem por aí uma série de sites, mais ou menos sérios, mais ou menos criteriosos acerca de ferramentas para o desenvolvimento de videojogos ou apps
+infos(por Eden Beinart): LINK
A ferramenta piskel é um editor que permite criar imagens, por exemplo gifs animados, que podem depois ser usados como sprites nos motores de videojogos.
Quando se usa o formato de imagens num motor de videojogos como é o caso do unity existe por vezes a necessidade de agrupar as imagens num único ficheiro. Para ajudar nessa parte basta fazer uso por exemplo do TexturePacker que permite juntar “as peças” umas com as outras.
Internamente, e por exemplo, o unity já faz isto, contudo não da melhor forma.